What to Know
- Open a Word document either by double-clicking on the document on your computer or selecting File > Open from the Word app.
- Once the document opens in Word, select File > Print.
- Select your printing options from the dialog box and click Print or OK.
Printing a Word document is a task many of us perform daily, whether for personal or professional purposes. Here, I’ll help you to print a Word document.
Steps to Print a Word Document
In this article, I’ll show you the steps to print a Word document, ensuring that your Word doc appears as you want it on paper. Here’s how.
Step 1: Open the Word document. On your computer, double-click the Word file, or within Word, click on File > Open to open an existing document to print.
Step 2: Open the Print Dialog Box. Click the “File” tab at the upper-left corner of the screen, and select “Print.” It will open the Print dialog box, which displays various printing options.
Step 3: Choose Your Printing Options. Select the desired printing options from the dialog box to customize your print job. The following options are available:
- Printer. It displays your default printer. To select another printer, click on its name from the drop-down menu.
- The number of copies. The default selection is 1. You can increase the quantity to print more copies.
- Pages to print. The default setting is to print all pages. But, you can print only specific or a range of pages, odd or even numbered pages, a highlighted selection, or the currently-displayed page.
- Paper size. Select the preferred paper size from the drop-down menu.
- Pages per sheet. Choose the number of pages you want to print per sheet.
- Paper orientation. Select either Portrait or Landscape.
- Margins. You can adjust the top, bottom, left, and right margins using the labeled arrows or by typing in the numbers.
Step 4: Print Your Document. Select the “Print” or “OK” button to start printing your document. The print button may vary depending on the version of Word you’re using. Your Word doc will print on the printer you selected.
By following these steps, you can now print your documents with ease.
Now that you know how to print a Word document. Take a look at how to print postcards in Word.
Open the document you want to print in Word and select File > Print to open the print dialog box. Preview each page using the forward and backward arrows. Choose your printing settings, and then click the Print button.