Learn how to share Microsoft 365 Family Subscription
The Microsoft 365 Family plan allows you to share Microsoft Office with up to 5 people at just $99.99 per year. Each person you share the Office 365 family plan with can simultaneously use it on up to 5 devices. Here’s how to add household members to your Microsoft 365 plan.
RELATED: A Complete Guide to Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 Family: It’s a Great Deal
If multiple people in your family want to use Microsoft Office on their devices, the Microsoft 365 family subscription is a no-brainer. The individual (or Microsoft 365 Personal) plan costs $69.99 per year, which means you can add up to five more people to the plan for just $30 more. The best part is that each member gets access to premium Office apps and receives up to 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
It may be challenging to figure out how to give family members access to Microsoft Office once you have purchased the Microsoft 365 family plan. We’re going to make it simple for you.
How to Add People to Your Microsoft 365 Family Subscription
To add a family member to Microsoft Office 365, do the following.
Open your browser, go to the Microsoft 365 website, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Navigate to the Office 365 family sharing page by clicking the “Sharing” tab. Then click the “Start Sharing” button on the “Sharing” page.
On the “Share your subscription” pop-up window, you can invite people by sending them an invitation email or a link. To use the email invitation method, click “Invite someone via email.”
Enter the email address and click “Share.“
Alternatively, you can generate an invite link by clicking “Create a link to share.”
When you see a link on the screen, click the “Copy” button on the right.
Once you’ve copied the link, you can send it to anyone via email, messaging apps, or any other method you prefer.
Microsoft 365 Family Subscription benefits
At no extra cost, each person you share your subscription with gets:
- Premium Office Apps: You’ll access the Premium version of the Office apps for PC, Mac, tablets, and smartphones.
- Each person you share your subscription with can install Office on up to five devices and sign in to MS Office on all of them together. To install Office, they visit www.office.com and sign in with their Microsoft account. If they don’t have a Microsoft account, they can create a new one when they accept your sharing invitation. It’s completely free.
- OneDrive: Each person gets up to 1 TB of free OneDrive cloud storage.
- Skype: Each person can use free 60 Skype minutes per month on mobile phones.
- Outlook.com: You can use Microsoft’s advanced email service to connect multiple emails in one place.
How to Check Who Is Using Your Microsoft 365 Family Subscription
It is easy to check who is using your Microsoft 365 Family plan by going to the Microsoft account sharing page. Here’s how.
To see who uses your Microsoft 365 Family subscription, open your browser and go to Microsoft account sharing page. Scroll down to the section below the “Start Sharing” button.
In this section, you can see who else is on your Microsoft 365 family plan. To remove someone from Office 365 family plan, click the “Stop Sharing” button next to their name.
Similarly, if you’ve created any invite links, they will appear on this page. If you don’t want someone to use those links so they cannot use your Microsoft 365 Family plan, click “Delete Link.”
To confirm the action, click the “Delete” button.
And That’s it! You deleted the link.
RELATED: How to Cancel Microsoft 365