Learn how to update Microsoft Office on Mac
What to Know
- Open an Office app, click Help > Check for Updates > Select Automatically Download and Install > Check for Updates
Microsoft AutoUpdate ensures that your copy of Office is always up to date with the most recent security updates and enhancements. If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you will also receive the most up-to-date features and tools.
This article will guide you on how to update Microsoft Office on your Mac. In the Help menu of any Microsoft Office product, you can quickly check for and install updates.
1. Open any Microsoft Office application. You can open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. To access any of these Office apps on your Mac computer, click the desktop, select Go in the top menu bar, and then Applications in the drop-down menu.
2. Click Help. You’ll find it in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
3. Click Check for Updates. It’s the third item on the Help menu.
- If “Check for Updates” does not appear in the Help menu, click here to download the most recent version of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool.
4. Select “Automatically Download and Install.” In the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool, it is the third radio button option under “How would you like to check for updates?”
5. Click Check for Updates. You can find it in the bottom right corner of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool. It will check for and install the most recent Microsoft Office updates.
- Checking for updates will happen only when you’re connected to the internet.