Learn how to uninstall Office 2021 from a PC
We will Uninstall Office 2021 using two methods:
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2021 from Settings or
- Using the Microsoft SaRA tool.
Microsoft Office 2021 is the most current version of the Office productivity suite. Office 2021 is a one-time purchase and is available on Windows and macOS.
Office 2021 includes new co-authoring tools, inking tools, data types, functions, translation and editing tools, motion graphics, and ease-of-use features, among other things.
Refer to the What’s New in Office 2021 release to learn more about all the new features introduced in Microsoft Office 2021.
This article teaches two ways to uninstall Microsoft Office 2021 from your PC. You can remove Office 2021 from your computer using any of these methods.
The most common reason to uninstall Office 2021 from your computer is that you want to remove and reinstall it. Or you no longer need it.
You cannot remove individual Office 2021 apps from your PC. The uninstall method completely removes Microsoft Office 2021 from your computer.
Method 1: Uninstall Office 2021 from Windows Settings
We will uninstall Office 2021 from the Windows Settings app. This method works with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC. In our case, we used Windows 11 laptop.
1. Click the Windows Start icon.
2. Locate and open the Settings app.
3. Select Apps and then click Apps & features.
Note: On earlier versions of Windows 11, after clicking Apps, you see the Installed Apps option instead of Apps & features. And after the recent Windows 11 update, you now see the same options as Windows 10. See the above image.
4. You’ll see a list of installed apps on your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC.
5. In the Search apps box, type Microsoft Office 2021 or find it from the list of apps. After Office 2021 appears on the screen. Click on the ellipses (More options icon) and choose Uninstall.
6. Again, click Uninstall to confirm.
You now uninstalled Microsoft Office 2021 from your computer. After uninstalling Office 2021, we recommend restarting your computer once.
Method 2: Uninstall Office 2021 with the Microsoft SaRA Tool
You can use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to fix or remove Office 2021 on your PC. You can also use this or the Office 2021 removal tool to uninstall all versions of Microsoft Office.
Microsoft SaRA is another name for the Support and Recovery Assistant. It is also known as an “uninstall support tool.”
Download the Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) tool from the Microsoft Download Center.
To uninstall Microsoft Office 2021, you must install the Microsoft SaRA tool. It requires an internet connection to install this application.
1. Double-click and wait for the installation files to download after running SaraSetup.exe.
2. Click Install on the Microsoft SaRA setup screen.
3. Select I Agree to accept the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant license agreement.
4. The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool support different products. Since we want to remove Microsoft Office 2021, choose Office as the product and click Next.
5. On the next screen, select “I have Office installed, but I’m having trouble uninstalling it.” Then click Next.
6. You must specify whether you want to remove Office 2021 installation from this PC or a different PC. Select Yes under “Is this the affected machine.“
7. If prompted, choose the Office version to uninstall. As you can see, the Microsoft SaRA tool didn’t find the Office 2021 installation.
9. Now, check the “I have saved all my work, closed all open Office applications, and any other setup program” box. To confirm uninstall, select Next.
Note: Close all Office apps before uninstalling Microsoft Office 2021 from your computer. If any Office 2021 apps are open during uninstallation, the uninstall may fail.
10. Wait for the Support and Recovery Assistant tool to troubleshoot the issue. It will then detect the Office installation and uninstall Office 2021 completely. This process will take several minutes, so you should leave your computer idle.
You uninstalled Office 2021. To complete the Office uninstallation, you need to restart your computer. Make sure to save your work and then click Restart.
Office 2021 is removed after you restart and log into your computer.
Note: Uninstalling Office won’t delete your files and documents.
We’ve shown you two easy ways to uninstall Microsoft Office 2021 from your computer. Both of these methods will work on Windows 10 and Windows 11 PCs. If you have a valid product key, you can reinstall Office 2021 on the same or a different computer.
RELATED: 2 Ways to Reinstall Microsoft Office