Microsoft provides an easy removal tool to help you completely uninstall Microsoft Office.
You may want to uninstall Office after installing it on your computer for different reasons. Maybe you’re trying to free up an Office license from Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), Office 2021, Office 2019, or Office 2016 for another device. The Office applications are not working correctly, and you may need to uninstall them for diagnostic purposes.
Usually, you would uninstall Microsoft Office through the Windows Programs & features option from Control Panel or Apps & features option from Windows settings. If this method does not work for you or you want a clean uninstall, Microsoft has an Office removal tool that works much better. Here’s how to use it to remove Office.
Tip: To completely uninstall Microsoft 365, use the Office 365 removal tool.
Uninstall Office Using Microsoft Office Removal Tool
1. Download the Microsoft Office Removal Tool.
- The MS Office removal tool should work to remove any version of Microsoft Office (Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016, Office 2019, Office 2021, Microsoft 365) on any version of Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11).
2. Double-click the setup to launch the Office removal tool.
3. Click the Install button and wait for the program to install.
4. Select I Agree to accept the terms.
5. Wait for the Office removal tool to troubleshoot the issue.
6. Select the Office product you want to uninstall, then click Next.
7. Check the box to confirm that you have saved all your work and closed open Office apps.
8. Click Next to confirm uninstall.
9. Wait for the Office Uninstall Tool to remove Office.
10. Click Restart to finish the uninstall process.
After a restart, the Office removal tool will automatically relaunch and prompt you to install or reinstall Microsoft Office. You are now free to close the tool as Microsoft Office is completely removed and is no longer available to use on your PC.
Since uninstalling individual Office apps such as Word, Excel and Outlook is no longer an option. You need to remove the entire Office suite from a PC. You can use the above method to uninstall Office from Windows. If your product key is still valid, you can easily reinstall Office on the same or another computer.
RELATED: 2 Ways to Reinstall Microsoft Office
On Windows 10, in the search box, type control panel, then click Control Panel from the list. Choose Programs > Programs and Features, select your Microsoft Office product, and click Uninstall. You can also download the Microsoft Office license removal tool windows 10 to completely uninstall Office. Run it and follow the on-screen prompts to remove Microsoft Office.
Download the Microsoft Office Clean Up tool to uninstall Office or Microsoft 365 from your computer. Then run and install the Microsoft Office cleanup tool and follow the on-screen instructions as prompted to remove Office.
Click the Microsoft Office removal tool download to install Microsoft Office uninstall tool and double-click on the downloaded file to run it.