Whatever your reason, here are the easy steps to uninstall Office 365 from Windows 10/11.
You may want to uninstall Microsoft Office 365 after installing it on your computer for various reasons. Maybe you’re trying to free up a Microsoft 365 license for another device.
The Office 365 applications are not working correctly, and you might need to uninstall them for diagnostic purposes.
You can also repair Microsoft 365 to fix an issue you’re experiencing with the Office applications.
Two ways to uninstall Microsoft 365 from a PC
- Uninstall Office 365 from Windows using Settings
- Using Microsoft Office 365 Removal Tool
We will show you how to uninstall Microsoft 365 on Windows using easy, step-by-step instructions.
Let’s get started.
Tip: Uninstalling Microsoft 365 only removes its applications from your computer. It doesn’t delete any files, documents, or spreadsheets you created using the apps.
Method 1: Uninstall Office 365 from Windows using Settings
Steps to uninstall Microsoft 365 from Windows 10/11 with Settings:
1. Right-click on the Windows Start icon.
- You can also press the Windows key on your keyboard to bring Start menu options.
2. Click Settings from the list of options.
3. Select Apps > Apps & features.
4. Under the App list, scroll down and find Microsoft 365 installation.
- You can also type Microsoft 365 in the Search apps box to find it.
5. Click on the more menu option and select Uninstall.
6. To confirm, click on the Uninstall button again.
7. Continue with the on-screen steps.
When you complete the steps, the Office 365 apps will remove from your computer.
Alternatively, on previous versions of Windows, open Control Panel and uninstall the Microsoft 365 suite from the “Programs and Features” window.
Tip: To completely uninstall Microsoft Office, use the Office removal tool.
RELATED: Use Microsoft Office Removal Tool to Uninstall Office
Method 2: Using Microsoft Office 365 Removal Tool
Microsoft provides an easy removal tool to help you uninstall Microsoft 365.
1. Download the Microsoft Office 365 Removal Tool.
- The Office 365 removal tool should work to remove any version of Microsoft 365 (Microsoft 365 Family, Microsoft 365 Personal) on any version of Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11).
2. Double-click the setup file.
3. Select Install.
4. Click Yes and wait for the program to install.
5. Click I Agree to accept the terms.
6. Wait for the Office 365 Removal Tool to troubleshoot the issue.
7. Select Microsoft 365 from the list, then click Next.
8. Check the box to confirm that you have saved all your work and closed open Office 365 apps.
9. Click Next to confirm uninstall.
10. Wait for the Office 365 uninstall tool to remove Microsoft 365.
11. Click Restart to finish the uninstall process.
After a restart, the Office 365 Removal Tool will automatically relaunch and prompt you to install or reinstall Office 365.
You are now free to close the tool, as Office 365 is completely removed and is no longer available to use on your computer.
Since uninstalling individual Office 365 apps such as Word and Outlook is not an option. You need to remove the entire Microsoft 365 suite from a PC. You can use the above methods to uninstall Office 365.
If your product key is still valid, you can easily reinstall Office 365 on the same or another computer. Or, if you’re using Microsoft 365 Family subscription, you can install Office 365 on up to 5 devices. You can also share Office 365 family with up to 6 people.
RELATED: 2 Ways to Reinstall Microsoft Office
The fastest way is to go to Finder > Applications. Select all of the Office 365 apps. Right-click an application and click Move to Trash. Then, restart your Mac computer to remove Office 365.
To reinstall Office 365, go to My Account and select the “Install Office” button. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the reinstallation. Or, if you have the installation file on your hard drive, double-click on it to begin the installation process again.